Nagelsmann ahead of league debut with rb leipzig

Nagelsmann ahead of league debut with rb leipzig

Ralf rangnick’s legacy is already hard enough for julian nagelsmann. And as champions league starters, everyone expects a win this sunday (18.30 p.M./sky) for the league premiere with RB leipzig at the surprisingly promoted 1. FC union berlin.

If the ironmen spoil the start for the unloved fubball club, which is supported by red bull, the start could be difficult. With the first home game against eintracht frankfurt, the away game at borussia monchengladbach with former salzburg coach marco rose and the clash against bayern munchen, a tough opening program awaits the saxon team. To take the pressure off, chief executive officer oliver mintzlaff gives a job guarantee in advance. "The trainer does not have to get nervous if there is sometimes the one or other defeat. We know that this is a new era and things are changing, and it takes a certain amount of getting used to," the 43-year-old told the "mitteldeutsche zeitung" newspaper.

Nagelsmann takes it easy anyway. "I’m glad it’s starting again. In my first game with hoffenheim there was a lot of nervousness, it was more pressure and a fight for survival. Now it’s anticipation," said the 32-year-old, who also commented on the mood boycott by union fans: "you have to remember that the boycott is not taking place throughout the stadium. We have fans with us who will be loud."

With RB-ubervater rangnick the exchange was so far limited for time reasons. On wednesday, the ex-sports director dropped in on training, a day later there was a long phone call. "We talked about the preparation and the individual players. That was interesting," said nagelsmann.

Nagelsmann also has other worries at the moment. Before the game at union are in diego demme, ibrahima konate two regular players questionable. In dayot upamecano, a third will definitely be absent. At least national team players marcel halstenberg, marcel sabitzer, emil forsberg and kevin kampl are fit again.

Timo werner continues to be a cause for concern. The club did not want clarity about its future until after the DFB cup final, then set an ultimatum before the start of compulsory games. But in the case of the national striker, things are rather at a standstill – everything boils down to a free transfer next summer, when the 23-year-old’s contract expires. Julian nagelsmann plans with the native swabian. He wants to give them more options – especially against deep-pocketed opponents. Werner remained scoreless in the preparatory games. "Timo lacks the goal," says nagelsmann.

He needs the former goal ace if he wants to get "something tinny" with RB leipzig as planned. "I don’t just want to win games, i want to win rougher ones," said the 32-year-old, who wants to challenge his team above all tactically. Instead of 4-4-2, he lets play a 3-5-2. These tricks are also a new challenge for the leipzig-based company, which has been geared to permanent pressing up to now. Not everything can take hold yet, especially since nagelsmann already criticized the meager communication on the pitch: "there’s too much silence for me."

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: